Thursday, January 27, 2011

Movie Happiness!

One of my best wellness tools is going to the movies by myself. I enjoy being with other people, but for stress reduction purposes, I usually find the best results when I can spontaneously decide to pick a movie on my own, without consultation, go at a time that is totally convenient for me, and really be able to get into a zone of personal movie watching that takes me out of my own world for a couple of hours. I love going to the movies under any circumstances, and try to keep an eye on what is happening with new movies, so when I am in the mood for a solo excursion, I can usually find a movie that has had good reviews so I don't ruin the benefits of a great adventure with a mediocre movie!

For years I had a fantasy of going to a whole bunch of movies in a row. During a particularly rough time, I decided to go for it and went to two matinees and an evening show. I just happened to pick a day where there were three great movies showing. I am always invigorated by a fun movie experience, but after three movies in a row, I could have built a barn! I was also so relaxed and happy that I remember feeling stress free for a long time after my movie marathon. With matinee prices, my whole adventure cost me $15.00!

I have also created movie adventures at home with a little pre-planning. I either rent a movie, get one from the library, or check the TV movie schedule. Local libraries and colleges often offer free movies -- just check your local newspaper.

Thank you to all the movies I have ever watched, and a big thank you in advance to all the movies in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment